- Second Chance AIHA ›
- Forums ›
- AIHA Dog ›
- Honey 2
Dear Lynda
I am so sorry to read all that is happening with precious Honey. I am sure you are feeling all over the place at the moment, and very scared. She is in the right place and you have fingers and paws crossed all over the world for her tonight. All I can say to you is don’t feel you have to make “that” decision until you are sure. If there’s one thing I learnt from losing Molly to this horrible illness, it’s that you will know if it is time. Until then, hold tight and hold on to hope.
Praying for some good news very soon for your lovely girl.
All my love, Mary x
Hello Lynda, I am so sorry to read your posts. I just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you and hoping with everything that Honey can pull through.
Love Tara
Just heard back from Liverpool. She has been stable, PCV staying at 15, and she has stopped panting (it was probably the painkillers). In fact, she feels perky enough to bark at the staff and demand attention! That’s my girl!!
Anyway, they don’t have a diagnosis yet, but are considering the possibilities that:
(1) her face swelling is a drug reaction – so they are stopping the antibiotic she has been on for some time, and the cyclosporine (for now). She will be scanned/x-rayed tomorrow to see if there is anything going inside, and while she is sedated, the dermatologist can have a good look at her mouth
(2) They are considering the possibility that the IMHA is secondary (in which case, the treatments wouldn’t readily work). They think it’s possible that the primary problem is a rare form of leukemia – “which would mean changing her medication”, the specialist said. That would imply a treatable form of leukemia if they are right. Anyway, the haematologist will look in more detail at her blood smear tomorrow and there should be some more results on this on Tuesday. They asked if they could do another marrow biopsy….. not at all keen, as the last one caused lots of trouble, so I’m hoping we can avoid it.
BUT, the fact that she is asking for attention is, to us, a good sign.
The toughest bit is not going to see her, though we desperately want to!!! But she is a rescue, with separation anxiety whenever I leave, so it would be really mean to have us turn up and then go away again. We (and the hospital) felt it was better if we left her to the cuddles supplied by the endless stream of vet students they have in teaching hospitals!
Dear Lynda,
There were so many times Dunes was very ill. I cannot even estimate the times she had severe pancreatitus. So many times yet she rallied for five years.
I am a real worrier. I wwas probably a bit crazy.
Just love Honey while being diligent. I really believe yhat makes them rally. God bless and don’t give up hope.
I say a prayer,
My best,
Joe
Hi Lynda. It sounds as if Honey is in good hands and they are extremely diligent about uncovering the culprit of cause, which seems to be the most important issue now. It pretty much amazes me that they are doing all this and really, really glad to hear their determination. I know this has to give you a boost.
I can imagine how hard it is for you there, not being able to see her. But absolutely agree, it’s best for now due to her anxiety. The coming and going would just add to her angst. Keeping her in the most calm state right now is certainly best.
You are doing an incredible job through all of this. Thank you for keeping us updated. Please continue to let us know. This family, this forum, is with you 100%.
Love and huge hugs, Linda
Hi Lynda
Dear beautiful Honey – she is getting the best possible care & they sound like they are doing a great job getting to the bottom of what is happening with her. The haematologist will hopefully come up with an answer very soon. I have been thinking about her all the time & I’m thrilled to hear she’s been a cheeky girl! She is a tough lass with a fighting spirit. I bet you miss her like crazy & so does Dora (how’s she coping?), even though she’s in the best place. I will be thinking about Honey & you constantly – sending all the best possible wishes to you – I am willing her to get better from afar.
Sheena, Worzel & Ollie xxx